Spaghetti with Aubergine Pesto and Sausage
- 4 chunky pork and leek butcher's sausages
- 2-3 tsp Aubergine pesto (I used Sacla's, but you can use any other brand, or make your own)
- 1 tsp butter
- 70-100g spaghetti per person
- Grana Padano, to serve
- Put the spaghetti on to cook in slightly salted boiling water. Next, remove the sausages from their skins and fry, in a little olive oil, in a non-stick pan, breaking them up until they are golden and caramelised. Once the sausages look browned and slightly crispy, add the butter to the pan, along with the aubergine pesto. Give it all a stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once the sausages are cooked and the spaghetti is tender, drain the pasta (or just lift it into the sausage pan with tongs, as I do), add to the sausages and give it all a toss around, coating the pasta in the savoury, buttery juices. Add a slosh of the pasta cooking water to make a loose, shiny sauce. Lift into bowls and serve with black pepper and Grana Padano cheese.